REVIEWS | NEWS | TRAILERS | RAMBLINGS

I Saw The Light


I'll be honest & admit that I am not that familiar with the history of Hank Williams' life. I enjoy his music as well that of his son's & more notably his grandson's ( Hank III ).

When I saw the trailer, I felt like it was something I needed to see. Although I am not a huge fan of Tom Hiddleston...I decided to catch it while I could on the big screen.

The acting was pretty good all around. Hiddleston as Williams was pretty much spot on although I couldn't get his as "brother of Thor" out of my head the whole time.

It was good, although it lacked a lot of his life's story prior his career ( I believe the movie was post age 20.) That submission along with some choppy editing caused this to not be a GREAT film in my opinion.

 3 / 5 stars